Wednesday 18 May 2011

Completed!

After teasing you with some half finished appliques of a teddy bear and a rocking horse I can now reveal the finished article!

This is how it looked with all the squares laid out. This stage is a bit like a jigsaw, trying to find the right colour combinations and repeats can be difficult (probably something I should do before I cut up the material!)





So I sewed everything together and then quilted it withal wavy square pattern – this is how it looked after it was bound….




I then added in the embroidered details for the appliques




I


And the rocking horse?


The final quilt looks like this…..So are you ready? TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

P1040501P1040502P1040532

It is backed with pink polka dots hearts and bound in Cerise with white polka dots. My Binding is getting neater with practice which makes the perseverance worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment