Sunday 10 October 2010

Scarf Ta-dah!

A few posts back I described the horrors of beginning to knit with  a new and very expensive beaded silk Yarn (Artyarns).  The scarves were intended for my mother and new mother-in-law as a thankyou for the hard work they put in during the organisation of my wedding.

The True value of these scarves lies not in the expensive yarn but in the concentration, time and effort that went into them. Crochet is second nature to me but knitting remains a challenge. So knitting this simple lace scarf pattern was a real labour of love. A good knitter would probably have made hundreds in the time I made one....but hey, it's the thought that counts! The pattern I used can be found on ravelry as 'the one row lace scarf, by Turvid.

Want to see the result??




                                                                                                                  




The bridesmaid also got some thankyou scarves. This time crocheted with a thicker silk. I chose two patterns from a stitch dictionary and repeated as necessary

 Can you see them on the right? The thicker silk drapes really well.

 
 Here's a closer look at the stitch patterns

 

 And all four jumbled up together. The colours make quite a pleasing sight ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment