Thursday 28 April 2011

Cushdy

Do you remember in the new year I showed you the Cath Kidston Quilt I made for my sister’s Christmas present? You cans see some photos of it here. I have been harbouring some scraps from this project so I put the first lot to use making a quilted cushion cover. The fabric for the front was chosen at random, much like the quilt.

P1040048
          P1040054
The backing of the cushion had a more haphazard ‘waste not want not’ theme and used some of the smallest scraps and offcuts combined with the scraps of the quilt backing. To secure the cushion I covered some buttons with some lovely rose detailed fabric. It is now sat on my sofa and making my other cushions look decidedly drab so there will be some more cushion make-over’s coming soon.






      

No comments:

Post a Comment