Remember the sea themed laundry bag I made for my nephew a few posts back? You can find it here. I decided it would be nice to have one for my nursery in preparation for our new arrival. Like the previous one I decided on a simple blue background but lacking any more convenient picture fabric and fancying an applique challenge I went in search of elephant pictures on the web and found a charming one of an elephant with an umbrella. Out came the paper and I free styled a copy changing the size and the odd detail. Then came the fun part – Choosing the fabrics!!
I have recently sorted through my stash and ironed everything up neatly so this was actually more of a joy than normal and wasn’t confined to what I simply had near the top of a very disorganised pile! Once everything was appliqued down I lined the bag with an old T-Shirt, created a channel for the ribbon and sewed up the sides. It’s not necessary to line these things but I prefer the end result after applique as it hides my messy embroidery!! And Voila!! one laundry bag fit for a nursery.